All members of the New Brunswick Association of Real Estate Appraisers (NBAREA) who are applying for the following designations: DAC or DAR must be interviewed by the NBAREA/AEIN-B Committee of Examiners. The Association provides this service pursuant to its Affiliation Agreement with the Canadian National Association of Real Estate Appraisers (CNAREA).
The interview is available in either official language. Please indicate your preference on the Application for Designation included in this section. Upon submission of the following, your interview with the NBAREA Committee of Examiners will be scheduled.
- CNAREA members go to cnarea.ca for their Application for Designation and submit to NBAREA
- Three written character references
- Letter from Mentor/Sponsor - Certificate of Readiness
- Application Fee in the amount of ($300.00+HST) payable to NBAREA
- Proof of completion of all education requirements for designation
- Proof of insurance
An interview with the Committee is your opportunity to demonstrate your competencies in areas considered critical for success in this profession. The Committee to evaluate five critical competencies:
- analytical thinking
- client service orientation
- conceptual thinking
- focus on quality and details
You the member will be asked to provide an overview of a situation that applies to each competency demonstrating to the Committee why they considered this situation a good example of this competency. How did you handle each situation. What was your role. What did you actually do or say and what was the result in the end.